Open for business under COVID-19
Hear from The Fat Pizza, Casa Rosa, Zzetta & Mr Chef about what they are doing to adapt their individual businesses in order to trade safely and successfully during these challenging times.
Examples of good practice when setting up your restaurant
- Assign workstations and zones for staff and customers
- Mark areas to help people keep to a 2m distance and regulate entry so your premises do not become overcrowded
- Keep to a strict cleaning routine of all facilities, both during the day and at the close of play
- Encourage customers to order online, on apps or over the telephone to reduce queues
- Stagger pick-up times if possible
- Encourage contactless payments
- Seating in restaurants and café areas must be closed
- All food and drink outlets should be takeaway and delivery only
Washing hands and face coverings
- Increase the frequency of hand washing and provide hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser at entry and exit points, for staff and customers
- Keep a social distance of 2 metres apart. Where this is not possible the government suggests using a face covering or mask to minimise the risk of spread
- If you are using one, you must change your face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- Wash hands before and after putting on, or taking off, any face covering
Adapting your business
- Monitor your customers’ ordering habits and where possible adapt your opening and closing times to suit these, for example - open a few hours earlier and maybe close a little earlier depending on customer demand
- To help parents who are looking for fun activities to do with their kids during lockdown, Ilona from Casa Rosa has created a ‘build your own’ pizza for children as part of the restaurant’s delivery options - consisting of a dough ball, sauce, cheese and any toppings!
- With home working leaving some of his customers struggling to juggle multiple priorities, George from Brick Pizza, has diversified his business by freezing some of his fresh pizzas, so customers can order them ready to cook at home for when they need them.